Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Interview and Drood sampling

As promised (to you, my millions…and millions of readers), the e-mail interview I conducted with Joshua Palmatier was posted yesterday.

Some books are like rich meals you want to enjoy with each bite and savor each word without hastiness. Such is the case with Dan Simmons’ Drood, which I’m currently reading. Although I haven’t read everything by Mr. Simmons, I’ve read a good chunk of his output and have thoroughly enjoyed most of it. I thought Summer of Night was chilling novel reminiscent of Stephen King’s IT, except more tightly plotted. I don’t think I can add anything to the praise he’s received for Hyperion either. Even though Simmons has achieved critical (multiple awards and “Best of Year” lists) success, great sales, and wonderful response from readers in the genre, Drood may be his most accomplished novel yet (at least that I’ve read).

No comments: